Sunday, April 28, 2013

New York Strip Steak with Sweet and Spicy Jamaican Rub

New York Strip Steak with Sweet and Spicy Jamaican Rub

New York Strip Steak with Jamaican Rub
New York Strip with Jamaican Rub
There is nothing like a great New York Strip steak cooked over an open flame and sprinkled with a rich flavorful rub.  Try this Jamaican inspired rub on your favorite cut of meat!

Weekends are for steak at my place, S&M Ranch, and this weekend was no exception.  I love to tour the world through flavors that are inspired by various cultures. 
I love Jamaican Jerk type seasonings and this is one of my favorite rubs to enhance a beautiful steak.

Jamaican Cuisine evolved from the many different cultures that inhabit the island.  Indian, Chinese and Spanish are just a few of the cultures that brought their flavorful traditions to Jamaica. 
I love the mixtures of the sweet and spiciness of this rub.  I hope that you will try it and let me know what you think.




I used a spoonful of my Homemade Moonshine Bourbon Bar B Que Sauce for added flavor on this. 
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
1/4 Cup Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Chili Powder
2 Tbl Spn Paprika
1 Pinch Black Pepper
3 Tbl Spn Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbl Spn Coriander
1 Tsp Ground Allspice
1 Tsp Ginger
2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes or Ground Red Pepper
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
Mix well.
Let your New York Strip sit at room temp for about 15 minutes.  Brush a teaspoon of the BBQ Sauce on it.  Then sprinkle a generous amount of the Sweet and Spicy Jamaican Rub all over the meat and gently press it into the meat.  Then sprinkle a little more on top of that.


Cook on high heat on your favorite type of grill.  I use charcoal.


Cook about 4 to 5 Minutes on each side for about a medium rare.  Cut into the steak to make sure it's cooked the way that you like it.



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment