Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Low Carb Diabetic Friendly Pizza

 
 

Diabetic Friendly Low Carb Homemade Pizza

 
Diabetic Friendly Pizza
Diabetic Friendly Pizza
 
This light weight, low carb, diabetic friendly pizza delivers very satisfying flavor without over doing it.  


We all have special people in our lives and my niece Ashley is the absolute apple of my eye.  Me and my brothers feel that it's our responsibility to nurture the relationships with our nieces and nephews, so consequently we are all very close.   I'm truly proud to have a very close family that is always there for each other.
 
Ashley is a blonde bombshell beauty with an extra twist...She carries a badge!  Yea she puts perps in their place. She reminds me of the girl on CSI Miami.  She does much of the same thing but in real life.  She's making the streets safer for you and I and every now and then she shows her soft side and whips up some wonderful cuisine.  Ashley B Cooks!
 
So she sends me texts from time to time with some of these creations and admittedly I'm a little slow (very handsome though - kidding of course) and this last time it dawned on me that I need to do a guest post on my food blog.
 
So, here it is.  This is diabetic friendly, so indulge.  OH! By the way guy's...she is single!  Losers stay away!
 
Ashley kept the ingredients to a minimum here but you can also consider this a base model and add what ever turns you on. 
 
Low Carb Diabetic Friendly Homemade Pizza
 
I Lb Grilled Chicken Breast cut in small cubes
1 Cup Mozzarella
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbl Spn Oregano
1 Tbl Spn Crushed Red Pepper
1 Pack of Multi Grain Soft Wraps
Sliced Roma Tomatoes (Optional)
Fresh Spinach Leaves (Optional)
Olive Oil
  
 
 
 Preheat Oven to 425
 
On one of the soft wraps drizzle or brush about a tbl spn of olive oil all over and then sprinkle on both of the cheeses.  Then cover with the chicken making sure to get as much coverage as possible. 
Sprinkle the oregano and red pepper on top.
 
Bake on 425 for about 8 minutes.
 
That's it!  Very simple...Very easy.  This is a pretty light dish that won't leave you feeling overly full but delivers satisfying flavor!
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment