Sunday, February 17, 2013

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Starring Classico Afredo Sauce

 

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese Casserole with Italian Sausage

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce

 Starring Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce!



Simple recipe using Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce.  Comfort food at its best!

 



So Macaroni and Cheese recipes have been on my mind as of late but it's been difficult to cook them because I've been so busy.  Plus one can only eat so much macaroni in a short period of time.  It started with my Con Queso Macaroni and Cheese with Fish Sticks about a week ago.  It was a pretty popular post.  Most likely due to it being simple and something that the kiddo's will devour.



So, I've had this Alfredo Mac recipe idea bouncing around in my head but I just simply couldn't put a complete servable dinner together with it.  It doesn't take much to inspire me though and so I took a drive in my little Mustang convertible to give it some thought.   It was a beautiful day for a drive so I drove to see my mom who lives about 30 minutes away from me.  I was talking to her about my blog (she is so proud - it doesn't take much, lol) and she mentioned that she was planning to make some Alfredo with noodles using a jar of Classico that she had in her pantry and if she hadn't made a casserole earlier in the day should would have done this instead.  That's when it hit me!  Keep it simple, and make it a casserole!  So that's what I did. 

Ok this is a simple dish that is packed with flavor and it's very hardy.  Comfort food lovers unite! This is the ultimate comfort food dinner and it will stick to your belly.

As with any recipe here (or anywhere) I hope that it inspires you in some way.  Even if you take a portion of the recipe below and add or subtract to fit your inspiration.  I truly hope this inspires!


Giada is one of my favorite chefs!  As a regular on the Food Network, Giada offers very relevant recipes for today's knowledgeable kitchen ninja's.
 

Ok, and here we go....


 
The Sausage:
 
I used 3 Italian Sausage Links.  Wrap them in foil loosely and put them in a pan and cook in the oven on 375 for about 45 minutes.  If you prefer you can brown them in a skillet.  Once they are cooked and or heated through, let them cool and then slice them into small round slices.  You choose the thickness.  I did about 1/4 inch width.  Set aside for later.
 
 
The Alfredo Macaroni:

1 Jar Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
2 Cups Macaroni Noodles (go ahead and cook this, you know how to do it)
1/2 Cup Velveeta Cheese
1/2 Cup Grated Italian Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 TSP Dried Oregano
1 TSP Dried Basil
1 TSP Minced Garlic
2 TBL SPN Roasted Red Peppers in a jar
Dash Garlic Powder
 
 
After draining the macaroni noodles, return them to the hot pot and place back on the stove with low heat.  Add all of the dried seasonings and salt and pepper.  Mix well.  Add the butter and let it melt, stirring until it's melted.  Then add the minced garlic and the roasted red peppers.  Stir well.  Add the Velveeta and Italian cheese and let them melt completely.  Put a lid on the pot, this will let it melt faster.  Add about 3/4 of the Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce.  Mix well.  Add more if you feel it's needed.
 
 
 
The Marriage:
 
Preheat the oven to 350 please and thank you.
Get your favorite casserole dish out and scoop all of the Alfredo Macaroni into it.  Now, if you follow my blog and are interested in my next post then scoop a small amount into a small oven proof dish.  This will cook by itself without the sausage.  Ill be posting Macaroni and Cheese Tempura in a few days.  You can use it for that.  Otherwise pour it all in the dish.  Then mix in your sausage.  Incorporate all of this very well.  Top with more of the Italian Grated Cheese mix.
Cook in oven for about 12 minutes or until cheese on top is completely melted and starting to brown slightly. 
 
Serve and enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment