Friday, May 24, 2013

Pasta and Shrimp with Velveeta Alfredo Sauce

Pasta and Shrimp with Velveeta Alfredo Sauce

 

Velveeta Alfredo Pasta with Shrimp
Penne Pasta with Velveeta Alfredo
 

The secret here is the cheese homemade Alfredo with Velveeta!  So rich and flavorful!

 

Hi...Ok I've been in an Italian mood as of late.  I want to take a trip to Vegas and I plan to stay at the Venetian when I do!  I've never been to Italy but my brother has been several times and I have a cousin that is from Italy and her family still lives there. 

 
Hopefully one day Ill be able to go to Venice but for now, I'll have to live through my cooking and perhaps Vegas. 
 
Here is my rendition of Pasta Alfredo with Shrimp.  Oh yea, I also put sausage in it.  You can omit that of course.
 
Pasta Alfredo Ingredients:
 
1 Lb Shrimp - Peeled and deveined - Duh! 
1 Lb Sausage (optional)
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Stick Butter - Plus 1 Tbl Spn for Shrimp
1 Tbl Spn Minced Garlic or Garlic Paste Plus 1 Tbl Son for shrimp
1 Tbl Spn Basil
1 Tbl Spn Oregano
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
about 2 Slices Velveeta Cheese cut in small pieces
1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced (optional)
1/2 Onion Sliced (optional)
 
2 Cups cooked Penne Pasta
 
Instructions:
 
Over medium heat in a skillet cook the shrimp.  As it cooks incorporate about a tbl spn of butter on top of it.  As it melts, add about a tbl spn of minced garlic and incorporate well.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Optional, but I like to sprinkle basil and oregano over it as well.  Cook the shrimp for about 7 or 8 minutes or until its completely done and remove from the skillet and set aside.
 

 
Sauté the bell pepper and onion in olive oil if you are using it.  Then set  aside.
 

 
If your using sausage and it's precooked, just slice it and add it to the pasta in the same pot that you cooked the pasta in.  If the sausage is not cooked, brown it first.
 

 
Alfredo Sauce:
 
 
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat.  Add the heavy cream and stir using a whisk.  Let this cook for about 2 minutes.  Add the other ingredients one at a time stirring after each one. Add the Nutmeg last - I dunno just because I guess.  Once the cheese is completely melted give it a taste and adjust add seasonings accordingly to your taste.  Let this come to a boil and let it slightly boil for about 2 minutes and then turn the burner down to low and continue to stir for about 3 or 4 minutes.
 
 

 
Add the shrimp, Onion and bell pepper (if you used them) to the pasta and mix it up.
 
Slowly pour the Alfredo into the Penne Pasta pot thoroughly incorporating it.
 
Scoop it up and serve!  I hope you enjoy this tour of Italy!


 
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment