Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tilapia with Spicy Coconut Curry Sauce


Tilapia with Spicy Coconut Curry Sauce

 

Tilapia with Spicy Coconut Curry Sauce

Ok so I like Tilapia!  Yes, I eat a lot of it.  It's healthy and helps me to maintain my gorgeous manly figure (kidding). 


 
I really do eat a lot of it and it does help me keep my weight under control etc. etc.etc.  But, that being said I do get tired of it.  So, I'm always looking for something to help make it different and as you know I have an Asian fetish (so to speak - food of course). 
 
Well I have had a small jar of red curry paste in my pantry for a month and I keep knocking it over and I keep threatening to make something with it.  Finally this week I called my bluff and made this red coconut curry sauce and it turned out really good.  This is a variation of what you have probably made or had before and you can substitute as you see fit.  Don't judge me too harshly, I'm not a curry Ninja but this actually did taste good.
 
 Ingredients:  Spicy Coconut Curry Sauce
 
1 Cup Heavy Cream (some use coconut milk)
1 Tbl Spn Butter
1 Tbl Spn Cream of Coconut
1 Tbl Spn Red Curry Paste
2 Tsp Ginger Paste
2 Tsp Garlic Paste or Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or more for more heat)
Dash Salt (to taste)
 
2 Tilapia Filets
 
Instructions for Cooking:
 
Cook Tilapia in oven on 375 for about 12 minutes or till done.
 
On the stove, heat pan at medium high heat and add the butter.  Once the butter is melted add the heavy cream and stir for about 2 minutes. 
Add the curry paste and stir well for about a minute.  Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir for a few minutes.  Let it come to a boil stirring occasionally.
Let it boil for about a minute and lower the heat to low and continue to stir.  After a few minutes it will thicken slightly and its ready.
 
 
 
Remove the Tilapia from the oven and place on a bed of rice.  Drizzle or pour the spicy coconut curry sauce over the Tilapia.
 
 
Take a picture and send it to your friends and do a little bragging!  This stuff is good!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment