Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tempura Chicken with Honey Glaze

Tempura Chicken with Honey Sesame Glaze

Chicken Tempura

A sweet mom on Mothers Day, Disney World and Tempura Chicken!  What a combo!

Well, everyone that knows me knows that my whole family are Disney World freaks!  I go about once a year and my one of my brothers goes about 3 times per year.  My son, nephew and niece all worked there at various times as well.  That would be Chase, Will and Whitney...Say hi to everyone in food blog land guys!

So now maybe you can understand how Disney World will sometimes find it's way into my posts.  I suggest staying at a Disney Resort and you can rent Disney Vacation Club points and save money at www.dvcpointsforrent.com

For Disney news, information and planning check out www.wdwdisinfo.com.
Well, it's Mothers Day and I usually go to my moms and cook for her and today was the perfect opportunity to show my love to my lovely mother and cook her something that she loves inspired by the place that she loves so much, Epcot at Walt Disney World.
This Chicken Tempura with Honey Sesame Glaze is from one of our favorite restaurants in Disney World, Nine Dragons in the China Pavilion.  This may not be the actual recipe but it's very close.  It certainly taste the same to me. 
I hope that you will try it and enjoy!  Happy Mothers Day Momma!  Love you!
Or you can use steamed rice.

Tempura Batter
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tbl Spn Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Corn Starch
2 Tbl Spn Vegetable Oil
2/3 Cup Water
1 Egg White Beaten
Dash of Salt
Dash Pepper
Mix dry ingredients.  Add the others and mix well.  The batter should be loose and not too thick but thick enough to coat the meat.  Set aside for about 20 minutes.
Chicken
1 lb Chicken Breast or Thighs cut in thin strips
Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika.  Set aside.
Sesame Honey Glaze
Prep before you start cooking, while the batter is resting.
3 Tbl Spn Honey
2 Tbl Spn Ketchup
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Wine Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
Dash Salt
Dash Red Pepper Flakes
Mix all ingredients together well and set aside.
Lets Cook
Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a skillet.  Dip several slices of the chicken in the batter coating the chicken very well and thick.  Slowly place in hot oil.  Do this for all pieces in the batter, probably 5 or 6 pieces.  Cook about 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until each side is a golden brown.
Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
Transfer the Sesame Honey Glaze to a small pot or skillet and heat on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.  Stir frequently.  Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat and drizzle over the chicken.  Serve with steamed or Fried Rice and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment