Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ribeye Steak With Chili Garlic Butter

Ribeye Steak with Chili, Garlic and Lemon Butter

Ribeye Steak Chili Garlic Butter
Ribeye Steak with Chili, Garlic, Lemon Butter
  
We affectionately call Friday's at our office SBF - Snake Bit Fridays!  Friday's are for cruising into the weekend and not everyone realizes that, lol.  Being in the technology service business you always have to be prepared for a bad situation at a moments notice.  If a server or phone system goes down, businesses are...well, out of business.


But, it comes with the territory.  We do try very hard to educate people about best practices to minimize major outages but now everyone heeds these warnings.
So, after a week of "I can't print", "my server is down", "I can't get to the internet etc.", I'm ready for some steak! I love all kinds but Ribeye is my fav!   I prepare all week for the rub or seasonings that I want to use and the best way to use it.  Sometimes my customers are my best inspirations. I talk with a lot of people through out the week and deal with a lot of issues (I'm a problem solver) and inspiration can strike at any minute. 
At times my office has so many people waiting to see me to tell me what issues they are working on that I feel that I need to numbering system to serve each one.  Well, today one of our engineers called me garlic butter!  He could tell that I was struggling to compute what he was getting at and he informed me that I am like garlic butter because I get spread around so much.  A little strange...perhaps he was hungry!  Sounds a little dirty huh?  LOL. 
So, OK...My mind started wandering and he could tell.  "What are you thinking boss"?  He said.  "I'm thinking of garlic butter", I said.  He just started laughing and said, "your blog, right"?
DUH! Ok so this simple little number comes from the strangest area of inspiration. Another problem salved!  I sent him home early by the way.  
 These Ceramic Grills are a must for backyard kitchens!



Chili Garlic Butter:
2 Tbl Spn Butter Softened
1 Tsp Garlic Paste or Minced Garlic in Olive Oil
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Lemon Pepper
1 Dash Liquid Smoke
3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
Mix well.
For extra bold flavor add my All Purpose Rub as a sprinkle.  Just sprinkle it on top after spreading the butter on the Ribeye.
The Steak:
Your favorite cut of meat.  New York Strip, Ribeye, Sirloin etc.
Get one that is nice and marbled and preferably Choice or Prime.
Poke holes through out the steak with a fork
The Spread:
Spread the Chili Garlic Butter all over the steak just like you would a piece of bread.
Cook over high heat butter side up at first for about 3 minutes.  Flip and cook the other side for about 4 minutes.  Check the doneness and continue cooking until the steak is the desired sexiness for you.
Add a baked potato or sweet baked potato and you're set!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment