Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Con Queso Macaroni and Fish Sticks

Cheesy Con Queso Macaroni with Fish Sticks

 
 
A simple dish without the boredom! Rich flavor that even the kids will enjoy!

 
Ok there's not a lot of magic here.  I've been really busy lately and haven't really had time to truly dig into some of the dishes that have been on my mind.  Its not that I haven't been inspired because I really have.  I have some idea's that I think are going to knock some socks off.
 
After playing some catch with Adam (my 10 year old son) I had to whip something up and Macaroni has been on my mind as of late.  I can't wait to cook some of the creations that I have rolling around my head but for now this little dish I threw together will have to do. 
 
Simple ingredients but as always you can embellish and make it more grand if you have the time and are in the mood. 
 
So...here goes!
 
Fish Sticks
 
Use your favorite frozen fish sticks here.  I used Norton's Breaded Tilapia Fish Sticks.
Cook according to the directions on the box.
 
 
 
Con Queso Macaroni
 
If you want you could really use many different things here simply because you may have it in your pantry.  Such as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  But this is what I did, and I spiced it up a bit so jump in and hang on.
 
1 Cup (or so) Macaroni Noodles  Boiled in water cooked Al Dente
2 Tbl Spn Butter
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/2 Tsp Minced Garlic in Olive Oil (Jar)
Dash salt
1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Stir all of this together and put a lid on the hot noodles and let the butter melt. 
Next add 1/4 Cup Velveeta Cheese and
1/2 Cup of your favorite con queso dip. I used Tostitos Brand in a Jar.  But I suggest trying it with your favorite homemade Con Queso. 
 
Stir well and cover and put on a low heat until cheese is completely melted.  Stirring occasionally.
 
 
 
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. This looks tasty! Sharing on Twitter--are you there , too? I didn't notice a handle, may have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry David, not on Twitter. I need to though. Thanks coming by and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Got your blog at The Foodie Blogroll! Loving this recipe, will try this soon, I'm sure you had fun preparing it and munching it!
    Hope you visit my blog as well.
    http://www.gastronomybyjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy! Thank you very much for the comment. Yes, I'm about to hop over to your blog right now. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete