Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cantonese Pineapple Meatballs

Scotty B Cooks Presents:  Cantonese Pinapple Meatballs
 


OK this is my version of the Cantonese Pineapple Meatballs.  I like a little heat so I have crushed red pepper in mine but you can skip that if you don't like the heat.  Been a little under the weather and I have a scorching case of cabin fever.  I still can't get out of the house because I don't want a relapse of this crud so I opened up some windows, and decided to cook something.

I figured if I stir around some that may help me release some pent up energy.  Plus, I'm preparing myself for the Dallas Cowboys to be beat by the Redskins and break my heart like they have been doing for years under the misguided, no talent seeing eyes of Jerry and Stephen Jones! 

Ok I digress!  Here we go, here is my Cantonese Pineapple Meatballs Recipe!

 
 
Cantonese Sauce Ingredients:
1 - 20 oz can of pineapple chunks in syrup
3 tbl spoons Teryaki Sauce
2 tbl spn ketchup
1/4 brown sugar
2 tbl vinegar
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp coriander
dash salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
 
 
 
Preperation Instructions:
Seperate the syrup from the pinapples and put syrup in a bowl.  Mix in all of the ingredients above and mix well.  Set aside.
 
Take 1 Cup water and 4 tbl spn cornstarch, Mix well and set aside.
 
Meatballs:
I just use 1 bag of pre-made meatballs - frozen.  Yea, I'm being lazy today.
 
Cooking Instructions:
 
 
 
Brown the meatballs in a skillet.  Once they are brown, remove from skillet and pour the cantonese mixture into the skillet and stir until it starts to bubble.  Add the water / cornstarch mixture and stir well for about 2 minutes. Add the pineapples. Add the meatballs back into the mixture.  Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
 
Server over steamed white rice. 
 
Enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment